ACTCM is offering $10,100 in scholarships to help students pay for books, tuition and fees. Five kinds of scholarships are available to eligible students who apply by March 1.
Recognizing the financial hardships of attending graduate school and the high cost of living in the San Francisco Bay Area, the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM), a Bay Area acupuncture treatment and Chinese Medicine college, devoted its fundraising in 2010 to the student scholarship fund. As a result, ACTCM will be offering $10,100 of scholarship money to deserving ACTCM students. Eligible students can apply for up to five scholarships. The deadline for applications is March 1.
ACTCM will offer the following scholarships for the Spring Quarter 2011:
- Li Guangyu Scholarships: $2,500, $1,500, and $1,000 – 2nd or 3rd level students who demonstrate general academic excellence.
- Medical Insurance Exchange of California Scholarship: $1,500 – 3rd level student who demonstrates general academic excellence.
- Dr. Bingzeng Zou Scholarship: $600 – 2nd level student who demonstrates strong herbal knowledge
- Traditional Medicinals Scholarship: $1,500 – 3rd level student who demonstrates strong herbal knowledge
- Harris Scholarship: three $500 scholarships – 2nd or 3rd level students who demonstrate exceptional community service.
Students are welcome to apply for one or all of the scholarships for which they are eligible. To be eligible for the scholarship programs, students need to meet the following requirements:
- Have passed first-level comprehensive exams
- Maintain a GPA of 3.4 or higher
- Obtain a faculty recommendation
- Answer an essay question or personal statement of up to 1,000 words on a topic related to the specific scholarship
The scholarship application and faculty recommendation form are available in the financial aid office. Applications are due to the financial aid office by March 1st, 2011. Scholarship funds are to be used only for books, tuition expenses, or fees. Students who withdraw during the semester are obliged to return any scholarships awarded.
For more information about ACTCM’s Spring Quarter 2011 scholarships, email Director of Alumni and Student Affairs, Lee Swain at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM) has provided affordable, quality health care to the public and trained professionals in acupuncture, massage and Chinese medicine since 1980. In addition to its graduate curriculum, ACTCM offers continuing education, public education, community outreach and clinical services in acupuncture and herbal medicine. ACTCM has been the recipient of many awards for its curriculum, faculty and clinic, and has been voted “Best of the Bay” by both the San Francisco Weekly and the San Francisco Bay Guardian. ACTCM is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and is a private, nonprofit, 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.