About this Event
In this course students examine the role of acupuncture and Chinese medicine in the comprehensive care of oncology patients. Treatments based on Chinese medical theory, including pattern identification, diagnosis, acupuncture and herbal therapy, are discussed, as well as methods of integrating treatments in conjunction with conventional medical treatment. Immunity is examined from Chinese and Western medical perspectives. Patient assessments and treatment will be demonstrated through clinical case discussions.
Topics that will be covered in this course:
1. Pathogenesis of Cancer – Cell physiology and cellular replication
2. Factors that contribute to oncogenesis
3. TCM understanding of cancer, pathogenic factors
4. (Day 1) TCM and Western approaches to preventing, assessing, and treating common cancers: lung, breast, prostate.
5. (Day 2) TCM and western approaches to preventing, assessing and treating the most common cancer types in North America continued: skin, colorectal.
6. Cancer and sexual health
7. Pulse diagnosis in oncology patients
16 CEUs with California Acupuncture Board, Category 1, Pending approval (CEP #016)
About the Instructor:
Judith Boice, ND, FABNO, L.Ac., earned a doctorate degree in naturopathic medicine from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine in Portland, Oregon. She then received a master’s degree in acupuncture and Oriental medicine from the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine in Portland. Judith Boice became a member of the Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) team in December 2011, when she joined Southwestern Regional Medical Center in Tulsa as a naturopathic oncology provider. Dr. Boice teaches throughout North America. Widely published, Boice’s books and articles have been read by many since the late ‘80s. In 2009, she received the Nautilus Book Award – Silver Medal and the Living Now Book Award – Bronze Medal.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
– All requests for refund must be approved
– Cancellations made at least 7 calendar days prior to the first class day will receive a full refund minus $40.00 administrative fee, eventbrite fees are adjusted separately.
-No refunds will be given for cancellation made less than 7 days prior to first day of the course.
– ACTCM is unable to transfer course fees paid for one seminar or course to any other seminar or course
– In the unlikely event that ACTCM has to cancel a course due to insufficient enrollment, or for some other unforeseen reasons, registrants will receive a full refund.