In this course, students learn about the treatment of endometriosis with emphasis on utilizing the secondary channels (8 extras and luo).
In this course students learn theory and clinical applications for the treatment of endometriosis. Emphasis is placed on the etiology, pathology, syndrome diagnosis, herbal and acupuncture treatment and discussion of dietary impact and life style choices.
Topics that will be covered in this course:
- Students will be able to evaluate patients with endometriosis and create an effective treatment plan
- Students will be able to apply the herbal theory and create formulas for this condition.
- Students will be able to recognize the symptoms associated with this condition and refer appropriately
- Students will have improved awareness of the psycho-emotional aspects of these conditions
- Students will be able to create 8 Extra Vessel and Luo treatments for these conditions
About the Instructor:
Yvonne Farrell, DAOM, L.Ac., received her master’s and doctorate degree from Emperor’s College, and taught there as faculty and clinical supervisor for 13 years. She has a strong interest in using the secondary vessels to provide support during the childbearing cycle and to treat infertility. She currently is in private practice at LA Herbs and Acupuncture, and serves as part-time faculty at the Southern California University of Health Sciences.
16 CEUs Pending Approval by the California Acupuncture Board, Category 1 (CEP #016)