The American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM) is committed to protecting the privacy of all information we collect from our visitors, patients, educators, and student community. This policy applies to all visitors and personal information that we collect or use in the course of conducting our business. This policy covers all visitor and patient information housed at ACTCM. Anyone who has access to such information or data must follow this policy.
Our Acupuncture and Herbal Clinic office is dedicated to providing service with respect for human dignity. Protecting your privacy and your healthcare information is fundamental in the course of our relationship. This notice will remain in effect until it is replaced or amended by changes in law. We gather personal information and health information in several ways. This information is used for treatment, payment and healthcare operations:
• Information we receive from you;
• Information we receive from other healthcare providers; and
• Information we receive from third party payers.
You should be aware that during the course of our relationship with you we will likely use and disclose health information about you for the treatment, payment, and healthcare operations.
You may authorize us to use protected health information for any purpose or to disclose your health information to any personal representation you choose by submitting the authorization in writing.
ACTCM treats all information we receive from visitors as confidential and do not use the information for any purpose other than to fulfill our obligations to them. We keep visitor information secure at all times, and prevent the misuse and unauthorized disclosure of it by our employees or any third parties.
The Acupuncture and Herbal Clinic office will not use your health information for marketing communications without your written authorization. However, this office may send birthday cards, newsletters and appointment reminders, by telephone calls, or mail.
The Acupuncture and Herbal Clinic office may use or disclose your protected health information when required by law.
1) Upon written request you have the right to access, review or receive copies of your healthcare records. There is a copy fee of $20. Please allow 10 working days for processing.
2) Upon written request you have the right to receive a list of items this office disclosed about your healthcare information.
3) You have the right to request that this office place additional restrictions on disclosure of your Protected Health Information.
4) You have the right to request that we amend your Protected Health Information; the request must be in writing.
5) You have the right to receive all notices in writing.
If you have any questions, complaints or want more information, please contact us:
Clinic Operation Director
450 Connecticut Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
Send written complaints to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20201
Telephone: (202) 619-0257
Toll Free: (877) 696-6775