1) Fill out and send in the application along with a $65 non-refundable application fee.
2) Send official transcripts from all post-high school educational institutions to a member of NACES for evaluation and translation. The evaluations will then be sent from the organization directly to the college. Please contact the admissions office at 415 282-7600 (or direct line to admissions office at 415-401-0464).
3) Sign up for and/or submit results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam. A TOEFL report showing a score of 550 or higher on the paper exam, 213 or higher on the computer exam, or 80 on the internet-based exam is required for admission. ACTCM also accepts scores from the IELTS exam of 6.5 or above, with a minimum score of 7.0 on the speaking portion of the exam.
Application Check List
In addition to the application and application fee, be sure to provide the following documentation:
1) Two letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose essay and a resume
2) TOEFL score**
3) Certificate of Finances*** – Before an I-20 can be issued, international students must submit a Certificate of Finances form that demonstrates the financial resources required to pay tuition. The Certificate of Finance form may come directly from the student’s bank or another suitable financial institution. The Certificate may also come from a family member who will be financially supporting or assisting the student’s education. In this case, the I-134, Affidavit of Support is required.
4) Translated and Evaluated Transcripts – Members of NACES are the only organizations recognized by the State Board and Accreditation to provide evaluation services on all foreign education credentials. International applicants must choose a member agency of NACES, review the agency’s website carefully, download the application form, follow the instructions, and submit all students transcripts and a copy of your diploma together to the agency for evaluation.
5) Proof of Medical Insurance – All international students are required to have medical insurance in case of an emergency. While ACTCM does not provide insurance to students, the Office of Student Services can provide you with the necessary resources to make informed decisions and find the most affordable health care.
6) Health Certificate with TB Test – we suggest this be completed in the US.
**For proof of English language proficiency, international students must pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language Exam (TOEFL). The minimum scores required for admission are: 550 Paper; 213 Computer Based; and 79 Internet Based
***The certificate of finances can be a statement from a bank or from another financial institution showing your financial ability to support yourself while in the program. This information will also be required at your Visa interview at the U.S. Embassy.