After your interview, you will receive a letter within two weeks notifying you of your admissions status. If accepted, you will need to begin the process of applying for your F-1 student Visa. The F-1 visa is a non-immigrant, full-time, student visa that allows foreigners to pursue education in the United States. F-1 visas are given only through academic institutions.
Below is a timeline as to how you will want to proceed:
• Make an appointment at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for a Visa interview
• Pay the I-901 $100 SEVIS Fee prior to your Visa interview. Information on how to pay the fee can be found here.
• ACTCM can issue your I-20 no sooner than 90 days before the start of classes. You must bring your I-20, certificate of finances and proof of payment of your I-901 SEVIS fee to the Visa interview
• Once you receive your F-1 Visa you may enter the United States up to 30 days prior to the start of classes.
• Upon arriving in the U.S., you will need to show your I-20 at the Port of Entry in order to receive your I-94 arrival/departure card. At this point, it will be stamped to indicate the date of entry and the duration you will be allowed to stay in the United States.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to make copies of all documents and keep the originals in a safe place. Also, for your entire stay in the U.S., send all documents certified or registered mail.