ACTCM Emergency Response Guidelines
IMPORTANT: Please familiarize yourself with the campus emergency resources-emergency exits, fire alarm pulls, fire extinguishers, ACTCM emergency meeting points, emergency supply locations (see maps provided at bottom of page).
Have a personal plan as well taking into consideration things like extra medication in case of an emergency that prevents you from getting back home in a timely manner.
During an earthquake:
- Use tables and desks and door thresholds as cover until the earthquake ends
During any emergency:
- If it is safe, proceed to the closest and safest exit
- Once out of a building, stay out
- Proceed to designated meeting points for your respective campus
- Wait for instructions from staff emergency response team
Link and Contact information for emergency prepardness in San Francisco:
Red Cross telephone number:
1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767)
If you have comments and questions regarding emergency prepardness at ACTCM contact Michael Blossom at 415-229-7972 or email@example.com.
Clinic Emergency Instructions
- Those working with patients go to patient’s room and calmly remove all needles and other modalities
- UNPLUG ALL ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT & EXTINGUISH ALL MOXA
- Help the patient remain clam while they redress and prepare to evacuate
- GET HELP: if you require help with a patient, vocally announce room number where assistance is needed. STAY WITH THE PATIENT.
- EXIT THE BUILDING with your patient. DO NOT PANIC.
- Ambulatory Patients: Repeat above instructions for those not in Clinic.
- Non-ambulatory Patients (wheelchair bound)
- GET HELP– if assistance is needed to get patient in wheelchair
- Wheel patient to the front lobby of the clinic and exit onto the Connecticut Street parking lot
Wait for instructions from an Emergency Rescue Worker or Team Leader with orange vest.
Clinic Power Failure
- Remain calm and think of patient care
- Go directly to the treatment room and talk to your patient
- Pull out needles
- If you cannot see clearly enough to pull out needles, go to the front desk
- At the front desk there are flashlights for every treatment room, along with five portable desktop lights
- The Clinic Dean, Assistant Clinic Dean, and Pharmacist also have a fresh supply of batteries
- Do not treat in the dark
*In the event that treatment is interrupted – the patient will not be charged a fee for service
Arkansas Campus Map
Pioneer Square Campus Map