How to Apply
Candidates applying for the DAOM program must submit:
- Completed DAOM application form
- Application fee ($65)
- Transcripts for all post-secondary education, including all AOM education
- Copies of all medical license(s)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Analysis of one (1) case study demonstrating clinical, reasoned judgment (please use the sample case in the DAOM Application Instructions)
- A current resume
- Statement of purpose essay
Accept application for 2019 cohorts now. Due to limited space in each cohort, the College strongly encourages candidates to apply early.
We offer a SPECIAL DAOM Scholarship opportunity to support DAOM Spring 2019 admissions, you certainly do not want to miss out this special opportunity!!
ACTCM uses CIIS’s online portal for applications.
International Student Information and Admissions Requirements
Contact the Admissions Office
Application deadlines are as follows:*
| Fall 2018 Semester
|| August 1st, 2018
| Spring 2019 Semester
|| December 1st, 2018
|Summer 2019 Semester
|| April 1st, 2019
*A completed Health Certificate will be required upon acceptance.
*Applications submitted after the application deadline will still be considered. Priority, however, is given to those individuals whose applications are received before the official deadline.
To enter the Doctorate of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (DAOM), you must have completed the following requirements before applying:
- Graduation from an accredited program (or candidate for accreditation) in Oriental Medicine, or foreign equivalent.*
- OR A minimum of 10 years documented experience, plus formal college training in acupuncture and Oriental medicine. Applicants must provide ACTCM with official transcripts and may need to take challenge examinations in areas identified by the Admissions Committee.
- Good academic and financial standing at the last institution attended.
- Demonstrated competency in English, or a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based (PBT) TOEFL test or 80 on the internet test for international students.
- TOEFL: 80 test score.
TOEFL is an Internet-based test. The CIIS TOEFL code is 4807. Visit the TOEFL website.
- Pearson’s Test of English Academic (PTE): 53 test score.
Visit the Pearson’s website.
- IELTS 6.0 band score
Visit the IELTS website
*Approval status for the foreign equivalency of each institution will be determined by the Admissions Committee.