Academic Merger Plan
- The Spring 2015 term will be a shortened 10 week quarter and the Summer 2015 term will be shortened 10 week semester:
- Spring 2015: April 6-June 13
- Summer 2015: June 22-August 29
- The Fall 2015 term will start the new 15 week semester system:
- Fall 2015: September 3-December 21
- Spring 2016: January 11-April 25 (2016)
- Summer 2016: May 9-August 22 (2016)
- View the Calendar Conversion FAQ and a video of the Calendar Conversion Town Hall.
- View the CIIS 2018-19 Academic Calendar.
MSTCM Curriculum Conversion
- The Academic Council with input from the faculty, has developed a revised semester curriculum for the MSTCM program. This design process has been detailed and exhaustive, focused on preserving the strengths of the current MSTCM degree program while adapting courses to the longer academic term.
- You can view the MSTCM Semester Curriculum online and also view a video of the Curriculum Conversion Town Hall.
- Attention has been given to all MSTCM students’ progression through the program in this process. If you have questions about your individual plan of study, please contact the Academic Advisor, Andrea Natta.
MSTCM Tuition Conversion
- As ACTCM adopts a semester system, tuition rates per credit will be adjusted to the semester credit rates. Simultaneously, ACTCM will adopt simplified MSTCM tuition rates so that didactic and clinic credits will be charged at the same rate. The Summer 2015 semester rate for all MSTCM courses will be $440/credit.
- The calculation for total tuition of the program at the new rate of $440 per semester credit will be $82 less than at the former rate of $274 (didactic)/$547 (clinic) per quarter credit.
- This conversion will be presented in more detail and discussed at a Town Hall on Tuesday, April 14 at 12:30pm in Room A.
DAOM Tuition Conversion
- As ACTCM adopts a semester system, tuition rates per credit will be adjusted. DAOM tuition rates will now be charged per credit rather than per quarter.
- The calculation for total tuition of the program at the new rate of $589 per semester credit will be $4 more than at the former rate of $3,305 per quarter.
Financial Aid Changes
- Financial Aid for the Summer 2015 term will continue to be packaged through ACTCM. Continuing students will be packaged after they register for the Summer 2015 term.
- Financial Aid for the Fall 2015 term will be packaged by CIIS. Students who plan to receive aid in the fall or after should fill out a FAFSA with the CIIS school code 012154.
- These changes will be presented in more detail and discussed at a Town Hall on Tuesday, April 14 at 12:30pm in Room A.
- Departments from CIIS and ACTCM have been meeting regularly to compare policies and procedures. A new catalog outlining policies and procedures for the 2015-16 academic year will be available in early July.
- In Summer 2015 ACTCM will adopt the current CIIS audit policy. This policy can be viewed in the Academic Policies update on the ACTCM website or in the CIIS Catalog online on page 202. In the Summer 2015, ACTCM students will pay $285 per credit to audit a course.
- In Summer 2015 ACTCM will adopt the current CIIS grade scale. Faculty will be updated and trained about the grade scale during the Spring 2015 term. This grade scale can be viewed in the Academic Policies Update on the ACTCM website or in the CIIS Catalog online on page 205-206.
- Other policy changes will be adopted in the Fall 2015 term and will be reviewed with students in more detail via next year’s catalog and a future Town Hall meeting.
Merger News & Documents
WASC Commissioners Approve CIIS-ACTCM Merger
CIIS-ACTCM Merger FAQ
MSTCM Semester Curriculum
Calendar Conversion FAQ
2015/16 Comprehensive Exam Schedule Memo
Academic Policies Update for Summer 2015